The safe management of industrial activities is a priority for the Bécancour Waterfront Industrial Park. The City of Bécancour is responsible for emergency measures within the Industrial Park and Port. It is therefore responsible for providing emergency services of superior quality and efficiency.
To ensure the safety of businesses and the public, the City of Bécancour manages:
- the coordination of emergency measures by a joint municipality-industry committee, including citizens and government agencies;
- a state-of-the-art fire station, located at the entrance of the Industrial Park;
- a team of firefighters trained to act in situations specific to the plants;
- a water rescue service ready to respond at any time and in any condition;
- an emergency radio service with a frequency specific to the Bécancour Industrial Park and Port.
For their part, each of the plants and projects under development are required to:
- provide their emergency measures plan and the list of hazardous products;
- contribute to the development of emergency measures through their participation in the joint municipality-industry committee;
- form an in-house emergency management team and fire brigade, when required;
- maintain a safety management system, including external audits and a citizens committee, where applicable.